March Minutes

Vinton Public Library Meeting –March 13, 2019

The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.

Those present were:  Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Kim Johnson, Eric Upmeyer and Lori Smit Tina Nelson and Jeff Mangold..  Also present was Virginia Holsten.

Minutes of the February meeting were approved.  Motion by Rundlett, 2nd by Johnson.

Treasurer’s report was approved.  Motion by Nelson, 2nd by Upmeyer. 

Correspondence:  Reviewed thank you note from Morris Higgins in reference to the use of the library by tax preparation individuals.

Old Business – None

New Business –

Three board positions will need to be filled by July.  Matt Salger has resigned from the Board as

He is no longer eligible to serve due to moving from Vinton.  Jeff Mangold and Deb Rundlett have both served two terms.  Two individuals have expressed interest in serving.

Director’s Report –

Virginia reported that Lisa will continue to clean.  It was agreed that cleaning once per week would be sufficient as the sand and salt will not be an issue this time of year.

Chief Paxton issued official ID tags to all employees.

Abby Finkenauer gave a presentation on 3/9/19.  Virginia indicated that a few individuals were in attendance.

Preparation for the summer reading program is in progress.  Amy has some new ideas to appeal to older children this year.

 

Meeting adjourned, motion by Upmeyer, 2nd by Mangold.

Respectfully submitted,

Lori Smith

February Minutes

Vinton Public Library Meeting – February 13, 2019

The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.

Those present were:  Brent Patterson,  Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Kim Johnson, Eric Upmeyer and Lori Smith.  Also present was Virginia Holsten.

Excused: Tina Nelson and Matt Salger

Absent:  Jeff Mangold

Minutes of the January meeting were approved.  Motion by Rundlett, 2nd by Johnson.

Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Upmeyer, 2nd by Johnson. 

Correspondence:  None

Old Business –

·        Training for the Board was discussed.  Virginia will arrange a meeting for a Saturday morning in order to review library procedures.

·        Craft Beer event for 2019 has been set for August 3rd, 2019.

New Business –

·        Discussion was held regarding the downstairs bathrooms.  Virginia will line up someone to give us a quote to combine both bathrooms into one making it a larger, uni-sex bathroom.  Motion by Peterson, 2nd by Johnson.

 

Director’s Report –

·        Virginia reported that there was an ice dam which caused some water damage.  The floor was dried with fans and we lost a few softbound books.  Roof looked good but plumbers will come to check to make sure pipe is not cracked.

·         The salesman for the lights came to inspect the library in order to give quotes for the new bulbs.  Virginia has not heard back from him yet.  She will contact Tom at the Electric Dept.

·        Amy and Virginia are taking a class on Brainfuse offered by the State Library.

 

Meeting adjourned, motion by Peterson, 2nd by Rundlett.

Respectfully submitted,

Lori Smith

January Minutes

Vinton Public Library Meeting – January 9, 2019

The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.

Those present were:  Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Matt Salger, Jeff Mangold, Kim Johnson, Eric Upmeyer and Lori Smith.  Also present was Virginia Holsten.

Excused: Tina Nelson

Minutes of the December meeting were approved.  Motion by Johnson, 2nd by Salger.

Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Salger, 2nd by Johnson. 

Correspondence:  None

Old Business –

·        The tree will remain outside.  The tree is sealed every year with the hope that it will not rot or deteriorate as quickly as other carved trees in the area. 

·        Jeff Peterson reported that he spoke with Matt Phippen regarding the 2019 Craft Beer event.  The board had a few other questions.  Jeff will speak with Matt and report back at the next meeting.

New Business –

·        Reviewed “The Edge”.  The State Library had provided the program which helps decide what needs improvement in the library.  Several recommendations were made and reviewed.  

 

Director’s Report –

·        Virginia reported that she met with Chris Ward to discuss the budget.  We will have final budget figures to present to the council.

·         Tom Richtsmeier of the electric department will figure quotes for replacing the bulbs in our overhead light fixtures.  The Vinton Electric Department will be installing the bulbs.

·        Virginia stated that she is continuing to work on the accreditations.  Requirements have been changed and need to be verified.

 

Meeting adjourned, motion by Mangold, 2nd by Salger.

Respectfully submitted,

Lori Smith