Vinton Public Library Meeting – July13, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 5:02 p.m.
Those present were: Jeff Mangold, John Mossman, Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Lori Smith, Eric Upmeyer and Denise Follmann. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Absent: Tina Nelson was excused.
Minutes of the June meeting were approved. Motion by Mossman, 2nd by Rundlett
Treasurer’s report for was approved.
Correspondence – None to report.
Old Business –
- Hoopla – The contract was given to Mossman to be examined.
New Business –
2015.79 per pay period - includes longevity
19.24 per hour - includes longevity
15.18 per hour
10.12 per hour
9.50 per hour
· A motion was made by Smith to accept the salaries as presented. 2nd by Upmeyer. The motion was approved.
- Doug Milroy is no longer on the board. A motion was made by Smith to remove Doug Milroy from the signature card at the bank. 2nd by Mossman. Motion approved.
- Election of of Officers as follows:
- Jeff Mangold needs to be added to the signature card – the information is at the bank.
- Brent Patterson is the new vice-president and needs to be added to the signature card. A copy of the driver’s license, social security number, and place of employment is attached.
- Virginia reported on the children's reading incentive program, “READO”. Much like Bingo, children earn prizes by doing activities including reading to fill in the squares.
- Jeff Peterson reported on the progress of the new sidewalk on the north side of the building. He has consulted with Ted Jessen and plans are being made for the project to commence in September. Board member help will be needed. Lori Smith volunteered to bake some treats for the work crew. Date is yet to be determined. It was mentioned to look into the possibility of the sidewalk being heated so no snow removal is needed.
The meeting adjourned at 5:26 p.m.