Vinton Public Library Meeting – April 12, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 4:58 p.m.
Those present were: Jeff Mangold, Brent Patterson, Lori Smith, Eric Upmeyer and Denise Follmann. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Absent: John Mossman, Tina Nelson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett
Minutes of the March meeting were approved. Motion by Patterson, 2ndby Smith
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Smith, 2nd by Patterson
Correspondence – None
Old Business –
- Three board members and Virginia were unable to view the trustee training,“The Boardroom Webinar Series,” on-line due to technical difficulties.
New Business –
- Virginia made a recommendation, and a motion was made by Smith to change the closing time of the library on Monday and Thursday nights from 8 p.m. to 7 p.m. from May 1st through August 31st. 2nd by Patterson. Motion was approved.
- Virginia made a recommendation, and a motion was made by Smith to increase the price of copies per printed side to 20 cents for black and white, and 25 cents for color. 2ndby Upmeyer The motion was approved.
- Looking ahead, there will be openings for 4 board members, two men and two women residing in town.
· Virginia reported she rearranged many books.
· The bridge club will be meeting at the country club in the future.
*Lori Smith will be absent for next month's meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 5:19 p.m. Motion by Mangold, 2nd by Patterson