Vinton Public Library Meeting – August 10, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 5:03 p.m.
Those present were: John Mossman, Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Lori Smith, Eric Upmeyer and Denise Follmann. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Absent: Jeff Mangold & Tina Nelson were excused.
Minutes of the July meeting were approved. Motion by Peterson, 2nd by Smith
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Smith, 2nd by Rundlett
Correspondence – None to report.
Old Business –
- Hoopla – Discussion was tabled until a later date.
New Business –
- New Public Library Standards for Tier 3 libraries to be met in 4 years include:
- the library board receiving 5-10 hours training each year
- attending the county trustees meeting once a year
- providing 25 mgps internet speed for patrons
Specifics will be discussed at a later time.
- Virginia plans to have a Gingerbread House contest the 1st week of December.
- The number of children attending Sky Zone doubled from last year.
- Ideas for future programs include: Liz Moen concert, Davia Herger concert, a wine & cheese night with ? programming.
- Virginia reports the newly remodeled boardroom has been used a great deal!
The meeting adjourned at 5:19 p.m. Motion by Peterson, 2nd by Smith