Vinton Public Library Meeting – August 8, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Kim Johnson, Tina Nelson, Eric Upmeyer, Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Absent: Matt Salger and Jeff Mangold
Minutes of the July meeting were approved. Motion by Nelson, 2nd by Peterson.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Upmeyer, 2nd by Nelson.
Correspondence: Received anonymous correspondence regarding the craft beer event. Anonymous individual did not approve of the fund raiser.
Old Business –
· The library will be closing on August 17 & 18, 2018 in order for the carpets to be cleaned.
· Craft Beer Fund Raiser will be held on August 11, 2018. Preparations are in place. Volunteers are requested for 1:00. Event will begin at 2:00 p.m. and run until 5:00 p.m.
New Business –
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that the summer reading program ended and it was a great success again this year due to the programs Amy had planned.
· Two high school students have been volunteering at the library to earn Black & Gold hours. They have weeded the grounds and will be helping make the pretzel necklaces that will be handed out at the fund raiser.
· Virginia spoke with Brian Parr regarding the tree. He will be contacting Jess Schadle to ask his thoughts for moving the tree.
· Virginia will begin working on the annual report that needs to be submitted to the State.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Peterson, 2nd by Johnson.