Vinton Public Library Meeting – December 13, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Brent Patterson, Jeff Mangold, Deb Rundlett, Eric Upmeyer, Tina Nelson, Kim Johnson, Matt Salger, Jeff Peterson and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Minutes of the November meeting were approved. Motion by Mangold, 2nd by Nelson.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Johnson, 2nd by Rundlett.
Old Business –
· Reviewed the 2018-2019 Budget that will be presented to the City Council. Motion was made by Peterson, 2nd by Salger to approve proposed Budget.
New Business –
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that she filled the part-time job position.
· Virginia presented a request to permanently change the library hours on Monday and Thursday nights to close at 7:00 p.m. Hours were changed in May and there has been no major influx of patrons in the evening hours. Motion by Nelson, 2nd by Rundlett.
· Virginia reported that Major Boddicker gave a presentation about “smoke jumping” and fielded questions.
· Stephen Spencer has started painting. Once painting is completed, ServPro will clean the carpets.
· Virginia reported that she called to set up the new phone installation. TechniCom was busy finishing other installations so Virginia will call once the painting is completed.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Mangold, 2nd by Peterson.