Vinton Public Library Meeting – February 13, 2019
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Kim Johnson, Eric Upmeyer and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Excused: Tina Nelson and Matt Salger
Absent: Jeff Mangold
Minutes of the January meeting were approved. Motion by Rundlett, 2nd by Johnson.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Upmeyer, 2nd by Johnson.
Old Business –
· Training for the Board was discussed. Virginia will arrange a meeting for a Saturday morning in order to review library procedures.
· Craft Beer event for 2019 has been set for August 3rd, 2019.
New Business –
· Discussion was held regarding the downstairs bathrooms. Virginia will line up someone to give us a quote to combine both bathrooms into one making it a larger, uni-sex bathroom. Motion by Peterson, 2nd by Johnson.
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that there was an ice dam which caused some water damage. The floor was dried with fans and we lost a few softbound books. Roof looked good but plumbers will come to check to make sure pipe is not cracked.
· The salesman for the lights came to inspect the library in order to give quotes for the new bulbs. Virginia has not heard back from him yet. She will contact Tom at the Electric Dept.
· Amy and Virginia are taking a class on Brainfuse offered by the State Library.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Peterson, 2nd by Rundlett.