Vinton Public Library Meeting – January 10, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Eric Upmeyer, Brent Patterson, Deb Rundlett, Kim Johnson and Lori Smith. Excused: Tina Nelson, Jeff Mangold and Matt Salger. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Absent: Jeff Peterson
Minutes of the December meeting were approved. Motion by Upmeyer, 2nd by Johnson.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Johnson, 2nd by Rundlett.
Old Business –
· Painting project is continuing. With that, several small issues have been discovered that need to be addressed. Schoonovers have been caulking areas as needed. Emergency lights that have never worked will be replaced. The double doors downstairs will be repaired rather than replaced.
New Business –
· Two computers are in the budget for this year. Twelve of the current monitors have been donations. We will obtain quotes for replacing those monitors with newer, energy efficient models.
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that the summer reading program will be revised a bit this year due to fair scheduling and other conflicts. No extra programs will be held in June but July will have a program every week including the Zoo visit, a magician and science program and the Sky Zone trip.
· Virginia indicated that the new phone system has been installed and is working satisfactorily.
· Virginia reported that Better World Books has revised their book acceptance standards. Books must now be pre-screened and they will only accept certain titles. The library will no longer be able to accept all books from patrons. Our patrons will now need to recycle the books themselves.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Rundlett, 2nd by Upmeyer.