Vinton Public Library Meeting – January 9, 2019
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Matt Salger, Jeff Mangold, Kim Johnson, Eric Upmeyer and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Excused: Tina Nelson
Minutes of the December meeting were approved. Motion by Johnson, 2nd by Salger.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Salger, 2nd by Johnson.
Old Business –
· The tree will remain outside. The tree is sealed every year with the hope that it will not rot or deteriorate as quickly as other carved trees in the area.
· Jeff Peterson reported that he spoke with Matt Phippen regarding the 2019 Craft Beer event. The board had a few other questions. Jeff will speak with Matt and report back at the next meeting.
New Business –
· Reviewed “The Edge”. The State Library had provided the program which helps decide what needs improvement in the library. Several recommendations were made and reviewed.
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that she met with Chris Ward to discuss the budget. We will have final budget figures to present to the council.
· Tom Richtsmeier of the electric department will figure quotes for replacing the bulbs in our overhead light fixtures. The Vinton Electric Department will be installing the bulbs.
· Virginia stated that she is continuing to work on the accreditations. Requirements have been changed and need to be verified.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Mangold, 2nd by Salger.