Vinton Public Library Meeting – July 12, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Jeff Mangold, Tina Nelson, Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Eric Upmeyer, Kim Johnson, Matt Salger and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten. A warm welcome was extended to new board members Kim Johnson and Matt Salger.
Minutes of the June meeting were approved. Motion by Smith, 2nd by Nelson.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Upmeyer, 2nd by Nelson.
Correspondence from Gail Showman was reviewed.
Unfinished Business –
· Board of Trustee Training – Review and discussion of Bylaws of the Vinton Public Library. Further action was taken under new business.
· Discussed moving the tree carving from outdoors to the inside, completed short “field trip” to view proposed location and discuss the platform options.
New Business –
· Motion to extend terms of elected officers from one year to two years was approved. Motion by Peterson, 2nd by Upmeyer, Opposed Patterson.
· Election of Officers approved as follows:
o President – Brent Patterson
o Vice President – Tina Nelson, motion by Patterson, 2nd by Mangold
o Treasurer – Jeff Peterson, motion by Smith, 2nd by Mangold
o Secretary – Lori Smith, motion by Peterson, 2nd by Upmeyer
· Motion to set date and time for meetings as 2nd Wednesday of each month beginning at 5:00 p.m. was approved. Motion by Rundlett, 2nd by Mangold.
· Motion to destroy financial records of 2010-2011, 2011-2012 was approved. Motion by Rundlett, 2nd by Mangold.
Director’s Report –
· Virginia requested help selecting a new phone system. Board members relayed several options of telecommunication companies for Virginia to review and obtain bids.
· Virginia requested help with writing specs for painting the interior of the library. Discussion was held regarding possible painting contractors. Virginia was going to contact the contractors for bids.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Rundlett, 2nd by Mangold.