Vinton Public Library Meeting – June 14, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 4:59 p.m.
Those present were: Jeff Mangold, John Mossman, Tina Nelson, Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Lori Smith, Eric Upmeyer and Denise Follmann. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Minutes of the May meeting were approved. Motion by Smith, 2nd by Mangold
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Nelson, 2nd by Smith
Correspondence – None
Unfinished Business –
- Regarding upcoming board vacancies, Matt Salger and Kim Johnson are interested in becoming board members. This is the last meeting of the term for both John Mossman and Denise Follmann. Tina Nelson & Eric Upmeyer are willing to serve a 2nd term. Although the library board nominates members, the mayor officially appoints them.
- Virginia consulted Mark Pingenot, and Jeff Schadle regarding the ornamental carved tree. Denise consulted Joe Joyal. It seems to be the general consensus it won’t last forever, and will need to be cut to preserve it. Thoughts were to insert a steel rod and attach to a base, then display inside the library.
New Business –
- The board was reminded of the December 14, 2016 meeting regarding wages wherein the raises for the coming year were approved. Signatures of approval were given by the officers today.
- Discussion concerning the A/C breaker box located outside concluded with agreement to put a lock on it.
· Virginia reports the leaking roof was repaired.
· Next month there will be trustee training to update by-laws, etc.
· The children's reading program will start tomorrow.
The meeting adjourned at 5:20 p.m.