Vinton Public Library Meeting – May 9, 2018
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Jeff Peterson, Tina Nelson, Deb Rundlett, Brent Patterson, Eric Upmeyer, Kim Johnson, Jeff Mangold, and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Excused: Matt Salger
Minutes of the April meeting were approved. Motion by Nelson, 2nd by Peterson.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Johnson, 2nd by Nelson.
Old Business –
New Business –
· Discussed adding surveillance cameras to the library. Vinton Police Department has recommended this due to loitering around the library after business hours.
· Larry Drushel is donating metal benches in memory of Joe Wood and Bob Harrison.
· Discussed our beer/hard cider tasting fund raiser. Tentative date is August 11th. Virginia has several volunteers that are helping with the planning.
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that the painting is complete. They have done some spring cleaning and decluttering.
· Virginia called Serv-Pro in regards to cleaning the carpet in the whole library plus the padded backs of chairs. She is waiting for their return call.
· Ameri-Corps volunteers cleaned windows and will be back to complete more projects next weekend.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Peterson, 2nd by Mangold.