Vinton Public Library Meeting – November 8, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Matt Salger, Eric Upmeyer, Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Tina Nelson, Kim Johnson, Jeff Mangold and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Minutes of the October meeting were approved. Motion by Salger, 2nd by Nelson.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Salger, 2nd by Johnson.
Correspondence: Virginia received a resignation letter from MaryAnn Berry. Further action was taken under new business.
Old Business –
· Discussion was held regarding installation of the new phone system. Bid has been received and accepted from Technicom. Motion was made by Peterson, 2nd by Johnson to proceed with installation at this time.
· The tree will stay outside for the winter due to weather complications for spraying it. Will revisit moving it inside again in the spring.
· Reviewed 3 bids for painting. Spencer Painting submitted the lowest bid. Motion by Salger, 2nd by Nelson to accept Spencer Painting bid.
New Business –
· Virginia requested help in preparing the 2018-2019 budget. Tina Nelson and Lori Smith volunteered to help. Budget will need to be presented to Chris Ward next month.
· MaryAnn Berry resigned her part-time position. Virginia will post the position in the local newspaper.
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that the gingerbread house contest was such a success last year, we are implementing a 2nd annual gingerbread house contest. The library will begin accepting the entries on November 27th, 2017.
· Major Boddicker will give a one hour presentation on December 12th. He will then be open for questions.
· Virginia reported that the television set is no longer working. Motion was made by Upmeyer, 2nd by Johnson to purchase new television. Brent Patterson volunteered to shop.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Mangold, 2nd by Salger.