Vinton Public Library Meeting – September 13, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
Those present were: Jeff Mangold, Tina Nelson, Brent Patterson, Jeff Peterson, Deb Rundlett, Eric Upmeyer, Kim Johnson, Matt Salger and Lori Smith. Also present was Virginia Holsten.
Minutes of the July meeting were approved. Motion by Mangold, 2nd by Salger.
Treasurer’s report was approved. Motion by Salger, 2nd by Mangold.
Old Business –
· Virginia reported that she has received one bid for painting as of this date.
· Virginia reported that she has received two bids for the new telephone system. Further action was taken under new business.
New Business –
· Reviewed two bids for the new telephone system. Motion by Mangold, 2nd by Rundlett to accept TechniCom bid. Virginia will proceed with TechniCom representative.
· Board discussed the deterioration of the library sign. We will obtain bids for a new sign and include in our request for 2018 budget.
· October meeting will be moved to October 18, 2017 per request of Virginia to accommodate vacation request. Motion by Mangold, 2nd by Salger.
Director’s Report –
· Virginia reported that vandalism has diminished this past month.
Meeting adjourned, motion by Salger, 2nd by Mangold.